Saturday, October 2, 2010

Summer is Over

With Autumn here, I'd like to give a quick "shout out" to my dear friend Summer Time. I may not of told you this at the time but here are my 25 favorite things about you...(in no particular order)

1. The sound of the ice cream truck
2. So many green leaves you think it will never end but knowing that it will
3. Butterflies
4. "Off site meeting" really means "early start to the ride"
5. Road Trips
6. The sound of crickets and locusts (loci?)
7. It isn't cold outside
8. The road tar making that wet sound because it is so hot
9. Running at 5:00 am with short sleeves
10. "Let's just walk there" under blue skies
11. Beers on the patio
12. Triathlon Season
13. Dripping wet with sweat
14. Shorts with Flip flops
15. Running at 5:00 am without a headlamp
16. The joy of a cold room
17. Not knowing the spinning class schedule
18. Tan lines (but not pre-sun cancer)
19. Not having to grab a jacket, stocking cap, scarf, or gloves
20. Riding until 9:00 pm
21. Outside lap pools
22. The smell of cut grass (but not cutting it myself)
23. Strawberries
24. Cookouts
25. A ripe peach

Feeling a little better with a couple days off. Today was the first time I've focused on getting up pace though. I met Nemo and E at Wilson Bridge. They were running easy so we warmed up and then I ran a little tempo. The pace was in the low to mid 7s but I didn't have much more speed than that. A couple weeks with no tempo and no track really show. Hope it will come back around in the next week or so. I need to be quick for 'Stache Dash in Phoenix on the 10th. My 'Stache is looking AWESOME. I had to trim it up a little though because the hair was getting in my mouth and I looked a little homeless.

Thursday Sept 30th 4 mile run Highbanks (no timing)
Friday Oct 1st 6 mile at Highbanks in the morning (no timing)
Friday Oct 1st 5 mile run in the afternoon (no timing)
Saturday Oct 2nd 12.36 mile run, Wilson Bridge to Northmore (1:34)

160 lbs

For those intereseted in the Indian Run 60K, here is my Garmin connect information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CT
1. Riding with the windows down and sunroof open.
2. No school so your big brother has 90 days off!!