Thursday, September 15, 2011

Boston 2012 - Time to start planning

I just applied for the Boston Marathon in 2012. Boston changed the registration process so it isn't "first come, first served". They tiered the registration process as follows:


"Registration will occur on a “rolling admission” schedule, beginning with the fastest qualifiers. On the first day of registration for the 2012 Boston Marathon, those who are eligible for entry by having met the qualifying standards for their age and gender group by 20 minutes or more will be able to enter on September 12 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). On September 14 at 10:00 a.m., (if space remains) registration will open for those who have met their qualifying standards by 10 minutes or more. On September 16 at 10:00 a.m., (if space remains) registration will open for those who have met their qualifying standards by five minutes or more. ..."



My qualifying time is 3:15 for 2012 and I ran 3:04 in Philadelphia so I was in the BQ10 group. It is a little early to set a goal time for the race but I would be nice to get my 2013 qualifier out of the way!

 


It has been a tough couple weeks of running. I haven't taken a rest day in like 15 days. Heavy legs but still managed to squeak out some quick ones last night with J-Fo. I thought he may actually drop me at one point...The cooler weather is a nice relief but that only means my dreaded nemesis Winter is just around the corner.




Quick Ragnar note. J-Fo pointed out that after my last leg at Exchange 30, there will be a "Back on My Feet Charity Fundraiser - Bottomless Pancakes - $3.00". Any one that knows me knows that I love pancakes but to eat them without pants on will be like heaven.



Quit reading and go for a run.

No comments: