Monday, September 12, 2011

What's the Crew up to?

We are now less than 2 weeks from the Ragnar Relay.  6 runners, 198 miles from Cumberland MD, to Washingtong DC.  It should be interesting.  We have planned for all rolling in one vehicle but I'm starting to have some second thoughts.  As GS was pointing out this weekend, a second vehicle would allow us to roll the non-runners up the course and grab 5-6 hours of sleep.  I guess we have a couple weeks to figure it out yet. 

On Thursday night, MD, J-Fo, and I ran the A&F 5K Challenge.  We didn't look like this.



We are runners after all so we don't have the shoulders, arms, and pecs of the A&F models.  We look more like this:





For those that have never been to the A&F Campus in Columbus, it is a wild scene.  Young people in hoards, dressed head to toe in A&F clothing.  Still they put on a fun little 5K.  MD was a last minute registration with the sole purpose of beating me.  Mission Accomplished. I ran a non-specatcular 19:06.  J-FO had a good race at 19:56.  MD crushed as all with something close to an 18:20.

Nemo and E in Washington Half Marathon over the weekend.  Waiting on results but I think E was shooting for a PR.  Not sure if Nemo was gong to run with her or not.

It is about taper time for the upcoming race.  After the last 3 weeks (44 miles, 50 miles, 60, miles), I'm ready to take it down a bit this week.  I'm feeling surprisingly good considering.  I'll spend the next 10 days or so working on a little speed.  I need to drop about 8 pounds before Columbus in the next 5 weeks.  If I can do that, I'll race hard.  If not, maybe I'll just pace J-Fo....

1 comment:

grschula said...

I don't know if you noticed this, but the race picture is just like us on any given weekend. One skinny old guy, clearly left of center. One tall and skinny dude, one step ahead of the rest. One often injured, overweight guy trying to keep up, just off the back.