Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Too much time on my hands: 4 days left

It isn't just the reduced running volume but also staying out of the gym and off the bike this week. Too much free time. All my bikes are cleaned and tuned including extra wheels and extra cassettes; I'm an over achiever. Floors are swept, bathrooms clean, dished and laundry are done. I'm getting good use from my NetFlix account though. Yesterday, just to start the flirting, I dropped by my favorite bike shop to look around.

We've got 4 days until "go time". The 10 day forecast in Philadelphia calls for Partly Cloudy 51/41 with winds from the West at 8 mph. I couldn't ask for more. Planes start leaving town on Thursday. I'm going to meet MD in Nashville, Nemo is going to DC and driving with E, GS is going to get in early Friday to start testing Cheese Steak Sandwiches and beer.

With just a few more workouts left, the weather is not cooperating. It is dark in the morning and dark by the time I leave work. Terrible looking day in Columbus yesterday. Rainy an cold. This is the weather I hate the worst. This is worse than snow and cold because it gets me chilled right to the core. I guess it's time to harden up a bit though because, I can't do much about Mother Nature. I tried a few years back but the bitch got a restraining order.

Nemo and I met at 6:00 at Wilson Bridge. Of course with Nemo that means show up at 6:20 and spend 10 minutes getting ready. Fortunately the rain stopped and we stayed dry for the run.

2 mile warm up (7:45, 7:00) - little quick for a warm up
3 miles at marathon pace (6:25, 6:50, 6:45) - first mile was just funny
2 mile cool down (8:10, 7:50)

Somehow I made it to a decent race weight, I started the taper with a weigh in at 155. No complaints on that.

No comments: